Call for applications for applications for aid to support the solvency of companies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic is now open.
On 14 June 2021, Order Eco/127/2021 was published, opening the registration procedure in Catalonia for the receipt of extraordinary direct aid to the self-employed and companies, within the framework of the measures to support the solvency of companies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic provided for in Royal Decree-Law 5/2021 of 12 March and therefore financed by the Spanish Government.
This aid has a finalist nature and the applicants will have to use it to satisfy the debt and payments to suppliers and other creditors, financial and non-financial, as well as the fixed costs incurred pending payment, as long as these have been accrued between 1 March 2020 and 31 May 2021 and come from contracts prior to 13 March 2021.
Eligible benefici aries are entrepreneurs and/or professionals who:
- have their tax domicile in Catalonia,
- that carry out an economic activity included in the list of the Annex (see CNAE) of Order Eco/127/2021, a list of which can be found at this link: Canal Empresa (gencat.cat)
- that are in any of the following situations:
- That their annual volume of operations (figures declared in the VAT model) has fallen by more than 30% compared to 2019
- They apply the objective estimation regime for personal income tax
Excluded are those entrepreneurs or professionals who, in the Personal Income Tax return corresponding to 2019, have declared a negative net result for the economic activities in which they had applied the direct estimation method or, where applicable, the taxable base for Corporate Income Tax or Non-Resident Income Tax, before the application of the capitalisation reserve and compensation of negative taxable rules, has been negative in said financial year. Financial companies are also excluded.
The amount of aid is determined according to the type of beneficiary:
- In the case of entrepreneurs or professionals who apply the objective estimation regime in Personal Income Tax, the maximum aid will be 3,000 euros.
- For those entrepreneurs and professionals whose declared annual turnover (in Value Added Tax or equivalent indirect tax) has fallen by more than 30% in 2020 compared to 2019, the maximum aid to be granted will be:
- 40% of the drop in the volume of operations in 2020 with respect to 2019 that exceeds 30%, in the case of entrepreneurs or professionals who apply the direct estimation regime in Personal Income Tax, as well as entities and permanent establishments that have a maximum of 10 employees.
- 20% of the drop in the volume of operations in 2020 with respect to 2019 that exceeds 30%, in the case of entities and entrepreneurs or professionals and permanent establishments that have more than 10 employees.
In any case, the maximum aid may not exceed EUR 200,000.
The deadline for submitting applications is from 21 June until 30 June 2021. And given that the deadline is so short, those self-employed and/or companies that could benefit from them should speed up their processing.
You can find more complete information on the COVID line of direct aid to the self-employed and companies at: Ajuts de suport a la solvència empresarial en resposta a la COVID-19. Canal Empresa (gencat.cat)
If you are interested, AddVANTE is at your disposal to process the applications and advise you on the process, as well as on the subsequent preparation of the justification report.