However, in the event that the amount is to be paid, the deadline for direct debiting is 26 June. In other cases of returns to be returned, with waiver of return or payment without direct debit, i.e. with a charge to the account, the filing may be made until 1 July.
The main new feature of this campaign is the elimination of the possibility of filing the declaration on paper, which means that it is compulsory to file it electronically.
On the other hand, the current Personal Income Tax and Wealth Tax 2017 campaign presents some new tax features of limited impact and direct application, such as
- The increase in the reductions for income from work.
- The increase in the amounts exempted from scholarships for the study and training of researchers.
- The increase of the deduction percentage to 30% of investments in new or recently created companies and the deduction base to 60,000 euros per year (previously 50,000 euros).
- In the family sphere, different deductions are increased, such as
- The deduction for maternity is increased by 1,000 euros when expenses are paid for day care or nursery schools for children under 3 years of age.
- Deductions for large families also increase to 600 euros per child over the minimum number for large families.
- There is a new deduction for the non-separated spouse with a disability and without annual income of more than 8,000 euros.
- Taxpayers resident in Spain, but with family members resident in other European Union states that prevent them from filing a joint return, may apply a new deduction that will equal the amount they would have paid if all the members were resident in Spain.
In addition, it should be remembered that, in accordance with the Supreme Court’s ruling of 3 October 2018, paternity and maternity benefits paid by the Social Security system or by the alternative mutual insurance companies to that system should not be declared.
The complexity that declarations may present – due to the reforms approved in recent years – makes it necessary to speed up the collection of all data in order to carry out an exhaustive analysis of the casuistry of each declaration.