We at AddVANTE help you to activate the human side of your business.
We work hand-in-hand with you on a global vision in all areas linked to human capital, ranging from personal development and transformation projects to management of change and strengthening of leadership, always with a sustainable approach centred on improving results.
We are certain that solely with a positive culture and motivated individuals will your organisation transform knowledge into productivity and be ready to face the challenges posed by such a highly demanding, complex environment.
On the contrary, without this factor all your efforts devoted to the remaining fields of your company may be drained or not bear fruit.
Principales cuestiones que abordamos
- Organisational transformation processes.
- Analysis of the organisational culture and cultural resistance.
- Study of functions and organisational structures.
- Analysis and definition of work positions.
- Identification and development of talent in the company and the potential of the organisation.
- Identification and development of critical skills and capabilities.
- Strengthening individuals through skill development and experience-based learning.
- Development of leadership models for the future of the organisation.
- Employee motivation and training.
According to this approach, we combine our knowledge and experience in HR
with our strength in con nuestra fortaleza en strategies
, to help the management teams of all sectors and industries to establish the conditions needed and to develop the essential capabilities in order to improve the creativity, commitment and performance of people.
Leading company in the retail sector.
Our client is a company in the retail sector with more than 300 employees which identified the need to steer away from a product-based approach and move towards a client-based approach thanks to a process of analysis.
The first step was to analyse all the processes of the organisation to establish what changes and improvements needed to be introduced. Although the management was highly convinced of the need for the transformation, some sectors and individuals in the company did appear to show resistance. The decision was made to intervene in processes and in terms of organisational culture.
In this respect, in order to speed up the transformation and minimise the negative effects of the changes, a change management programme was initiated.
By analysing the initial transformation challenges posed, a two-level task was considered:
- An initial strategic level where a communication plan is forged to familiarise individuals with the whys and wherefores of these challenges; and
- A second operative level where a host of tools and teams are developed to favour and boost the processes of change once initiated.
The main activities carried out were the following:
- Establishment of a group to coordinate the change management programme.
- Establishment of a network of change promotion agents.
- Training in change management: philosophy, methodology and tools.
- Development of the protocol for action for management of changes once they take place.
- Design, planning and execution of communication, training and strategic action plans led by the coordination group.
- Design, planning and execution of communication, training and action plans for projects with a major impact on the cultural transformation of the company.
During the process, coaching activities, training in social skills and communication with NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) were carried out.
Keys to success
It has been possible to reduce resistance to the development of process transformation projects and internal communication processes have improved notably by creating a new network of change promotion agents with the aim of streamlining communication channels and transforming the organisation into a flatter structure.
Likewise, capacity for adaptation, internal cohesion and the feeling of belonging of the employees in all areas of the organisation have been regenerated.
Managing Partner of the Advisory Department
Partner of the Counselling Department